The Sunshine Blogger Award!
A big thank you to Laurel at MyJourneyIntoDarkness for this nomination! Laurel is a dear blogger friend and a talented writer! Go visit her, if you haven’t. And the nominees, each one is worth a visit!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate other bloggers for this award.
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Questions for me:
1. Have you ever stolen anything?
2. If you could only eat one vegetable for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
Mushrooms- Fried in butter, Mamma Mia!
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
First, own a bunch of horses. Later, from my teens, I wanted to be a (real) writer.
4. Do you “picture” what I look like? If so, describe me.
I picture you as a beautiful lady in a period drama!
5. Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
This one is a tie between two people. Number one is “obvious” – J.R.R. Tolkien, since my dream has always been to be a fantasy author.
Number two may be less obvious to the community here – but it’s Olof Palme, a Swedish prime minister who was, sadly, murdered in the 1980’s. His murder remains unsolved. Mr. Palme may have been quite well-known to some people in the world, of that time.
This is how Kofi Annan, former secretary-general of he UN, describes Palme: “..a courageous leader and a visionary. A statesman of the highest integrity, he was tireless in his pursuit of peace, justice, and democracy, both at home and abroad. He stood against injustice wherever he saw it..“. Palme really embodied values I still cherish – solidarity, fighting oppressors, speaking up for the poor and the “little people”, everywhere.
I still remember his funeral, I was six years old sitting on my father’s shoulders, looking over the extremely crowded streets of the capital. And far, far away, I saw his white coffin, with blood red roses on top, being carried along the streets. I’ve never seen the streets so crowded. Nor our people so grief-stricken.
6. If you couldn’t blog, what would you do?
Stop my healing process and succumb to darkness? Hopefully not, but I would be very sad not to be able to blog. Perhaps I’d have to move to the Carribean, live on Mojitos and dance the nights away.
7. What do you consider to be an unpardonable sin?
Deliberate torture (physical or emotional), without remorse. Without ever trying to make amends.
8. If you could torment anybody, who would you choose and how would you torment them? I wouldn’t enjoy tormenting anyone. The closest I’ll get is, I wish the narcissistic ex would feel, during one full day, the pain he caused me for years. (To prevent him from doing it to others).
9. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
When I still lived with my parents and “made out” with my boyfriend. And my father entered the house and saw us!
10. What is your middle name?
11. Who would you take to a deserted island and would you leave them there if you were rescued? Easiest question by far! Naturally, my current TV/celebrity crush: Jon Snow, Game of Thrones! He knows everything about surviving in the wilderness, so that’s a given. And of course I’d take him with me afterwards! By then I would surely have used my “feminine wiles” to make him fall in love with me…muahahaha!
Questions for my nominees:
1. What do you think Earth and its people will be like in 1000 years? (If humans still exist then). Describe freely from your imagination.
2. What is your favorite book (why)?
3. What is your favorite place for beautiful scenery (why)?
4. If you could change one thing in your past, would you? (what).
5. What is your favorite movie or TV series (why)?
6. If you could choose any profession, what would it be?
7. What does blogging mean to you, personally?
8. Do you still have an “old love” you can’t forget? (Do tell, only if you want to!)
9. How do you think the universe will end, and what will happen after that?
10.What famous person would you choose for a cell mate, if you were going to prison?
1. AssentivelyYours About a man who has so many struggles at once; divorce, depression, alcohol, sexual identity, and at the same time manages to be a wonderful friend – and a fighter! Inspring!
2. TotallyCaroline One woman’s struggles and observations in life after divorcing a cheater. I just love Caroline and her sense of humor!
3. A.PensiveHeart This man is trying to move on and make sense of it all, after a relationship with a narcissistic woman. Every word he writes, cuts right into my heart!
4. Ramblings.Of.K Kim shows us pieces of her life through amazing photos and stories from around the world.
5. DivorceWithMe This woman always finds a way to a positive outlook on life, even though she has been through divorce. Uplifting read!
6. BizarreLoveTriangle Follow one woman’s struggle with divorce and a new life, possibly including her old love. She writes in a way that will make you addicted and engaged in her life through the blog.
7. FindingMyWayHome Megan tells us of her life and relationships, one of them a suspected narcissist, and I’m addicted to reading about it. Megan is also a good bloggie friend!
8. MadelineHarper guides us through dating life after divorce. Madeline is great at describing dating life and her blog fast becomes highly addictive.
9. TheTurtleWay A de-stressing blog to visit! The Turtle writes musings about life at a good pace, that makes my body slow down and relax, when reading.
10. PaulaArt18 Since I do “part time photo blog” myself, I get a lot of inspiration from this truly wonderful photography blogger.