I was just as surprised as Robin apparently always was, when being Batman’s sidekick in the 60’s show…when I learned I had been nominated for the One Lovely Blog award, by the wonderful blogger Megan. She is blogging over at Finding my way home. A big thank you to Megan!
I was genuinely shocked and honored, to receive this from another blogger. I started this blog only as a therapy, to be free of a narcissistic relationship. From there it’s evolved into photography, the occasional poem, ramblings, and so on. But most importantly, finding several new friends in Blogland, whose support has been invaluable to me! I will not choose the exact same candidates as Megan did, (Megan and I do follow a lot of the same bloggers) I hope you understand, blogger friends.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post of the award.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
(My comment; You do not “have to” write information about the blogs you nominate; it is sufficent to simply make a list 1-15 and there just copy and paste the links to the blogs you nominated. I’ve seen plenty of people do this, and it does substantially shorten the time it takes to write the post! I only provided additional info about my “nominees”, cause I had the extra time).
Seven facts about me:
- I used to take karate lessons for several years. I know – crazy, right? But it was the best workout I have ever had (both for the body and the soul).
- I live in a country in northern Europe. English is only something I’ve learned in school, so blogging in English is definitely a challenge for me! But also great, for practicing and getting more comfortable with it, as I blog away. (So forgive me if my vocabulary and grammar is not always top notch! :)).
- I’ve lately felt that “my true self”, is an absurdly creative person. Like: I want to live, breathe and drink creativity! I want to write a book, illustrate it with photos and drawings of my own, and when people open the book for the first time, I want them to hear a piece of piano music that I myself would have recorded! (I don’t play the piano, but one can always dream!) Oh..if the book could have a smell too, I would want it to be the smell of my grandmother’s “secret recipe muffins”! Ok, this is all a bit exaggerated, I get that.. but, you see my point. 🙂
- I am a hopeless dreamer. Number 3 above, will probably never happen. I have that dream in the back of my head, just to write a book. But, I work full time in an extremely stressful office… so… yeah…there’s that… 🙂
- I’ll take my first Bambi steps on the treacherous ice of the dating scene, again, in 2016. Will report about that on my blog, in an upcoming category. Should be fun!
- I absolutely love the “fantasy” genre, at least the “high quality” stories, like Lord of the rings and Game of thrones.
- My dream trip would be at least one month’s time in the Pacific Northwest in the US. (A road trip through all the scenic places in the states of Oregon & Washington. Oh, add Idaho and Montana…but yikes, I’d probably need more time!)
- My Journey Into Darkness. Laurel tells her story about a long marriage to a narcissist. Laurel made it out alive, and we’ve become good blogging friends. Laurel is a talented writer who shares her struggles with moving forward and healing, aswell as other great stories!
- Tooncestales. Juan shares tidbits of his everyday life and thoughts about just about everything. I really like his posts, they usually make me smile even if I’m having a bad day, sitting in a crowded subway train!
- Assentively Yours. A blog about a man who meets struggles in life, and faces them head on! I really enjoy following the personal journey of Assentively Yours.
- Get A Date in 2016. A man who is getting into dating in 2016 – just like me! For me, this is a new blog I’m following. Get a Date in 2016 looks at online dating with a great sense of humour and realism.
- DoubleU. The poetry of John White, I don’t know what else to say than – I just love it!
- No I’m Not Ok. This blog is about a man who speaks out about childhood trauma/abuse. He writes really well, you get close to his emotions and his journey, processing what he’s been through. Go check it out, for the real thing.
- Mark My Word. Mark talks about his relationship and discovering his partner was unfaithful. It is a gripping read.
- Heart Shaped Eyes. This woman writes so beautiful, almost dreamlike poetry… If you want to soar away peacefully on a cloud for a minute, this is the place.
- Gentle Kindness. Annie’s blog is gentle and kind like it says! It’s about narcissism, mental health and some poetry. Annie was an inspiration for me, when I started blogging.
- Loving A Sociopath. This man talks about a sociopathic relationship, his escape and the aftermath. It’s raw and honest, and I love it.
- Finding Love in 360 Days. This blog is pretty new and I am excited to see how this woman will continue her adventure with dating in 2016.
- Curious Evelyn Seeks. Miss Evelyn tells the story of her journey within her marriage and other relationships. You get really close to her story, in her personal way of writing.
- Let Me Reach with Kim Saeed. Everything you ever wanted to know about a narcissistic partner, and healing from one. Kim is my “go to”-blog, when I need more fact-filled and down to earth writing, (instead of my own ramblings! 😉 )
- An Accelerated Life. Follow the aftermath of Streetpoet12 founding out about infidelity and her journey forward.
- Saving Shards. Follow Saving Shards in her personally told story, processing the aftermath of a spouse’s infidelity.
Edit: see my comment under “Rules”, if you’re short on time, but still want to make this blog post about your award!